Sunday, April 26, 2009

Open House

Hello Everyone,
Well I think I have finally recovered from our First Annual Open House at Cypress Furniture.
I have spent some time thinking about the Open House and the wonderful responses which I received. Here’s what I learned from the Open House:
1. It can not be called the “Annual” Open House. Everyone said it was very informational and how great it was to network with other designers from the area. And so it seems, everyone wants to have another event a lot sooner than next year. The designers who were present were from all areas and expertise of interior design. They covered a pretty broad range of talent. However, what I do think they all had in common was a very high level of professionalism, and that everyone enjoyed the opportunity to network with other designers of the same caliber and level of experience.
2. I need to work on adding more of my product to my website. I have been hesitant to do this, although now, I can’t seem to remember what my reasoning was! I guess originally, I was so concerned about the “presentation” that I forgot about the ‘product”. I was worried that the pictures were not professional looking and therefore did not look present the right image. The designers were much more impressed with the broad range of products and styles which I have added to our line. Many designers said they wanted to be able to go to the website, get an image from it and then email that to their clients. Or, they wanted to be able to direct their client to our website and have them review the styles and collections. (Benefit from this: Paperless catalog)
3. I have some ideas for the topics for our next Open House, but I would also like to hear some ideas from designers. So, I would like to encourage you to contact me and let me know what you would be interested in expanding upon.
Bye for Now

No comments:

Post a Comment