Thursday, October 17, 2013

NEX and William C. Paige

Today I had an open house at the factory. Spencer from NEXsystems was also a host. And our special mixologist, Paige. Paige is starting a new business producing organic small batch  syrups. Which you can add to quite most everything. Today we had it with champagne.  Mmmm, yummy, champagne!  The syrup was raspberry pomegranate. It was delicious.  It was a beautiful sunny day, and with organic raspberry flavored champagne, was not a bad way to spend the day! We had a very fun mix of designers, at the open house. That is probably my favorite part, just sitting back with friends and talking. Or I guess it is called networking now!
There were some colleagues from ASID that came, some old friends, some new clients, and some  new friends. I had a great time. And tried to keep away from the raspberry syrup!  I gave a quick tour of the factory, which always turns out to be a longer tour. I get started talking and forget about time. We also had a demonstration by Spencer for NEXsystem. Both the cleaning product and the fabric protection. I learned that his product can also be used on tile and stone. Learn something new every day! Speaking of Tile. I met Claudia from the Tile Shop. ( What is the protocol for naming people in your blog? I am not using any last names at least. )  the Tile Shop is located in Berkeley, near a couple of other home furnishings  businesses.  Gee, I wish there was a spot for one more retail space in their area.  I think I will go in and talk more with my new friend Claudia!
Well, it was a long day, and  have not had dinner yet. And tomorrow is Friday, which is the our early day, so I need to get to bed! 4:30  comes awfully early. Oh, and Bart is on strike tomorrow, so you know traffic will be a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment