Thursday, March 26, 2009

Promotion and Marketing


Hello!

Wow, it was a long but VERY productive day today. I went to a fabric showroom at the SFDC (San Francisco Design Center) along with my Designer Sales Representative. I am working with a fabric showroom to put my furniture collection into their showroom. I am looking to expand my presence within the SF Design trade market. So, a fabric showroom is a great partnership. I would be the only upholstered furniture line in the showroom, which is a huge benefit. Often, when your furniture is in a home furnishings showroom, you are among many other companies. So I would be the one and only in this fabric showroom. (I will share the fabric showrrom name with you once we have all the details finalized. I dont want to get to far ahead of myself.) The showroom has a great selection of fabrics, which are well priced. They have many new collections coming out and are really promoting themselves. In a time when so many showrooms are struggling, and pulling back on promotions, it is good to be partnered with a showroom with a direction and plan for the future. The only drawback is that they are a "Fabric Showroom", so that means the staff is there to sell fabric, and not neccessarily there to promote my furniture. But, as I have a great outside sale rep, who specializes in designer sales, it helps her to build up her territory and contact list. Also, I do have a furniture collection at a Furniture Showroom right upstairs from this fabric showroom ( the J. Scott Waterman Showroom. www.jscottwaterman.com), so they can also assist the fabric showroom with sales. It is a (hopefully) win-win situation for everybody! Tomorrow, I have an appointment with a design firm out in the Danville area. I am looking forward to discussing business and furniture with them! Bye for now!
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment